tomcat-users mailing list archives

From benoît ARCHEN <aguirre_la_colere_de_d...@yahoo.fr>
Subject Sporadic error- JasperException
Date Wed, 23 Jul 2003 11:52:20 GMT
Hi everyone,

I'm developping a web service application using Nusoap
for the server side in php and Axis for the client
side in java. The service make request to a MySQL
database on a distant computer. I want to present the
result in a portal (jetspeed) so I'm using jsp pages
for the client side. The web service works well when i
make call from a simple java client in a terminal but
when i try to use jsp pages in jetspeed or with tomcat
alone, i get the following error:

org.apache.jasper.JasperException: null
at
org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service(JspServletWrapper.java:254)
	at
org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:295)

root cause
java.lang.NumberFormatException: null

In the tomcat log there is:

StandardWrapperValve[jsp]:"Servlet.service()" pour la
servlet jsp a genere une exception
org.apache.jasper.JasperException: null
which in english means

StandardWrapperValve[jsp]:"Servlet.service()"
generated an exception for the jsp servlet
org.apache.jasper.JasperException: null

My config:
RedHat 8.0
Apache 1.3.27 and PHP 4.3.2 for the php server
Tomcat-4.1.24 and J2SDK-1.4.2 for the Jsp client
Axis-10
Nusoap-1.31

I put the required Axis libraries in
%TOMCAT%/shared/lib and the generated Stubs required
by the web service in %TOMCAT%/shared/classes.

The most surprising is that it works sometimes
whithout particular reason and then a bit later I have
this error again when calling the service.
I don't think it's a web service problem because as I
said before it works with a java client.
Does anyone have the same kind of problem or an idea
of what is going wrong?

Thanks for any help.

Benoît Archen