tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Norris Shelton <norrisshel...@yahoo.com>
Subject RE: Classpath Conundrum (2nd try)
Date Thu, 17 Jul 2003 19:20:04 GMT
Remember, these changes were for W2K PRO, should work on other
environments but YMMV.

setclasspath.bat
set CLASSPATH=%CLASSPATH%;%JAVA_HOME%\lib\tools.jar
     I added %CLASSPATH% after the = sign

OMG - I know why it did not work ;-0

I forgot to tell you to make sure that you include Tomcat's
servlet.jar in your classpath.  Don't ask me why this is not
picked up when you run catalina.bat start, but ..

Add the following to your system classpath:

%CATALINA_HOME%\common\lib\servlet.jar;

FYI - I have this working for 4.1.18 and 4.1.24, but could not
get it to work for 5.0.3.

--- Thomas Davis <tdavis@myacc.net> wrote:

> --- Norris Shelton <norrisshelton@yahoo.com> wrote:
> >
> > To start our Tomcat's on W2K, we modify setclasspath.bat to
> > include %CLASSPATH% when it constructs it's classpath.
>
> I tried that but could not get it to work.  I'm apparently
> putting it
> in the wrong place.  Could you please detail the change(s) you
> made to
> the batch file(s)?  Thanks.

> For additional commands, e-mail:
> tomcat-user-help@jakarta.apache.org