tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Jens Skripczynski <skripi-li...@myrealbox.com>
Subject Re: RPM Pacakages for RHLinux
Date Tue, 15 Jul 2003 11:28:38 GMT
Hari Om:
> where can I download rpm file for JDK and Tomcat on Red Hat Linux  7.1
> I tried rpmfind.net freshrpms.net and rpmseek.com
>
> what is better way to INSTALL above pacakages on Red Hat Linux...(1)TAR/GZ
> or (2) RPM...?
>
> Where is the FORUM for RED HAT LINUX...?
1) It is usually not a good idea to x-post the same message to different
mailinglists.

2) For some rpm version you could checkout
   http://www.jpackage.org/

   You will not find an rpm for the j2sdk, because with the current jdk
   license it is not possible (afaik) to ship an rpm version.

   They have figured out some way to install rpm's with java files with less
   bolts and ...

   (Also you may want to install yum or apt-get, because they will figure out
   what rpm's you need)

Ciao

Jens Skripczynski
--
E-Mail: skripczynski(at)mail2003(dot)skripczynski(dot)de

at present, with the exception of tobacco, alcohol and television, most drugs
are illegal, and yet our kids can always find them on every school corner
                                  -- Manu Chao