tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Norris Shelton <norrisshel...@yahoo.com>
Subject TC 4.1 + symbolic linking
Date Thu, 10 Jul 2003 20:09:09 GMT
We have some HTML files that are on another machine.  A link was
created (htmldoc).

I then modified the server.xml by adding the following to the
context definition:
<Resources
className="org.apache.naming.resources.FileDirContext"
caseSensitive="false" allowLinking="true"/>

The context will not load (no errors).  I even added an entry in
the catalina.policy:
// The permissions granted to the context WEB-INF/classes
directory
grant codeBase
"file:${catalina.home}/webapps/siteexplorer/htmldoc/-" {
};

If I remove the allowLinking resource, the app starts correctly.
 Anyone have any ideas on what the problem is.

=====

Norris Shelton
Software Engineer
Sun Certified Java 1.1 Programmer