tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Mariano Rodriguez" <marianorodrig...@mexico.com>
Subject How to read/write files located outside WEB-INF
Date Thu, 10 Jul 2003 14:56:15 GMT
Hi, Im writting this application to edit configuration files. These files are located in several
folders in the local filesystem where the tomcat server is running and where my app is also
running.
I want to be able to open/writte these files from a JSP but I've found in forums that I can
only read/write files located at the WEB-INF folder of my application. Is this true? Is there
a way to configure the tomcat server to allow a certain application to use an external folder?

Thank you all in advance for you help. I hope there something I can do to get this working..
its kind of importat.
Best Regards