tomcat-users mailing list archives

From dwightHugget <jamai...@concentric.net>
Subject Re: JSPs not compiling
Date Thu, 10 Jul 2003 12:33:31 GMT
On Thursday 10 July 2003 08:25, Thomas, Kevin wrote:
> Thanks for the reply Ben,
>
> I ran the $JAVA_HOME/bin/javac and got:

> com/sun/tools/javac/Main
>
> Does that narrow it down any?
>
> The directories are writable, so hopefully there's no problem there.

Perhaps.
Here's my output from that:
[dmhugget@dhcp-203 /home/dmhugget$] $JAVA_HOME/bin/javac
Usage: javac <options> <source files>
where possible options include:
  -g                        Generate all debugging info
  -g:none                   Generate no debugging info
  -g:{lines,vars,source}    Generate only some debugging info
  -nowarn                   Generate no warnings
  -verbose                  Output messages about what the compiler is doing
  -deprecation              Output source locations where deprecated APIs are
used
  -classpath <path>         Specify where to find user class files
  -sourcepath <path>        Specify where to find input source files
  -bootclasspath <path>     Override location of bootstrap class files
  -extdirs <dirs>           Override location of installed extensions
  -d <directory>            Specify where to place generated class files
  -encoding <encoding>      Specify character encoding used by source files
  -source <release>         Provide source compatibility with specified
release
  -target <release>         Generate class files for specific VM version
  -help                     Print a synopsis of standard options

[dmhugget@dhcp-203 /home/dmhugget$] $JAVA_HOME/bin/java -version
java version "1.4.2"
Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 1.4.2-b28)
Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 1.4.2-b28, mixed mode)
[dmhugget@dhcp-203 /home/dmhugget$]

--
Dwight Hugget
http://www.dmhEnterprise.COM