tomcat-users mailing list archives

From harpreet kapur <harpreet8...@yahoo.co.in>
Subject reply urgently tomcat installation query !!!!!!!
Date Thu, 03 Jul 2003 15:24:32 GMT
sir/mam
i have tried to install tomcat on windows 98
several times and tht mens several timesss actuallly 20 times
but i am not able to install it
plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
cld u see the error its giving on startup command i ran on command mode
and let me know wht RE CHANGES REQUIRED IF ANY??plzzzz help me out
I have noone to help me out as none of my aquaintances know java
hope someone replies sooon

I HAVE GIVEN THE RIGHT PATH AS FAR AS I KNOW
I.E. in autoexec.bat file
i did the following:

 set JAVA_HOME =C:\jdk1.2
set CATALINA_HOME = C:\TOMCAT
set PATH = %PATH%;C:\jdk1.2\bin;C:\TOMCAT\bin

ERROR:

C:\Tomcat\bin>startup
The JAVA_HOME environment variable is not defined
This environment variable is needed to run this program
Using CATALINA_BASE:   ..
Using CATALINA_HOME:   ..
Using CATALINA_TMPDIR: ..\temp
Using JAVA_HOME:
Invalid switch - -DJAVA.ENDORSED.DIRS=

SMS using the Yahoo! Messenger;Download latest version.