tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "R. J." <pis...@yahoo.com>
Subject servlets fail on me
Date Tue, 01 Jul 2003 18:21:50 GMT
I just downloaded Tomcat Windows 4.1.24 version. After
I did all the configure, added application in Context
tag of server.xml, I wrote a very simple HelloWorld
servlet, compiled it, and restarted the Tomcat. It
keeps giving me the error page like this:<p>
<b>type</b> Status report<P>

<b>description</b> The requested resource
(/apress/servlet/apress.Hello) is not available.

I don't have the problem if I try one of these servlet
examples from Tomcat examples application. I don't
have any problem of using my own JSP or JavaBean,
either. I don't have the problem before with earlier
Tomcat version. Only the direct call servlets this
time.<P>

I'd really appreciate if anyone would give me some
hints and advice. Thanks.