tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Turansky, Mark" <>
Subject RE: Location of servlets?
Date Thu, 17 Jul 2003 21:21:59 GMT
You put all your servlet mappings in the web.xml file.

check out the web.xml file in Tomcat's examples webapp.  The file is in /WEB-INF.

-----Original Message-----
From: Jeff Howard []
Sent: Thursday, July 17, 2003 5:15 PM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Location of servlets?

Thanks for everyone's help earlier today. Upgrading
to JDK 1.4.2 from 1.2.2 allowed me to get Tomcat

Now I'm trying the sample servlet by calling it
from a simple webpage with the line:

I put the compiled servlet in my tomcat4
directory/webapps. When I click on the
link to call this servlet I get an HTTP Status 500
window from Tomcat saying no context configured to provess this
request. Makes me think it can't find the servlet.

I looked in the log files and there's an entrythat says:
MAPPING configuration error for request URI /Hello

Any ideas?

Thanks very much!

Jeff H.

To unsubscribe, e-mail: