tomcat-users mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Cuneyt Uysal [RedDot]" <Cuneyt.Uy...@reddot.com>
Subject RE: Using mod_jk between physcially separate servers
Date Wed, 16 Jul 2003 15:32:53 GMT
Thanks everyone for their help, I ended up using mod_jk v 1.2.3
(mod_jk.so.ap2.0.40.rh9.so), and it worked like butter. I couldn't use
jk2 since I couldn't find a compatible binary for versions of Apache
lower than 2.0.42

Thanks again... I wish I found this list sooner. ;)

-Cuneyt

> -----Original Message-----
> From: John Turner [mailto:tomcat-user@johnturner.com]
> Sent: Wednesday, July 16, 2003 11:15 AM
> To: Tomcat Users List
> Subject: Re: Using mod_jk between physcially separate servers
> 
> 
> 
> There isn't any such file in typical configurations.  Only 
> mod_jk.so (JK) 
> has a file called mod_jk.conf, and then only when you enable the 
> ApacheConfig Listeners in server.xml.
> 
> Check the Tomcat FAQ...there are plenty of links in there for 
> configuring 
> both JK and JK2.
> 
> John
> 
> On Wed, 16 Jul 2003 10:07:21 -0400, Cuneyt Uysal [RedDot] 
> <Cuneyt.Uysal@reddot.com> wrote:
> 
> > I like the structure of mod_jk2 better, thank you! My only 
> question is
> > where to place mod_jk2.conf? I have a Apache 2.0.40 on 
> Linux Redhat 9.0.
> > Where does this conf file reside?
> >
> > Thank you very much.
> >
> >> -----Original Message-----
> >> From: Yiannis Mavroukakis [mailto:yiannis@jaguarfreight.com]
> >> Sent: Wednesday, July 16, 2003 9:17 AM
> >> To: Tomcat Users List
> >> Subject: RE: Using mod_jk between physcially separate servers
> >>
> >>
> >>
> >> Check this url out, it is for mod_jk2 but you will get the 
> general idea 
> >> :)
> >>
> >> http://www.pirack.com/howto/modjk2/
> >>
> >> Y.
> >>
> >> -----Original Message-----
> >> From: Cuneyt Uysal [RedDot] [mailto:Cuneyt.Uysal@reddot.com]
> >> Sent: 16 July 2003 14:01
> >> To: tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
> >> Subject: Using mod_jk between physcially separate servers
> >>
> >>
> >> Greetings,
> >>
> >> I apologize for this generic post. I looked through the 
> archive, but
> >> could not find a complete answer. I have integrated Tomcat 4.1 and
> >> Apache 1.3 using mod_jk and ajp13 on the same physical 
> server, but how
> >> can this be achieved if each component resides on 
> *physcially separate*
> >> servers?
> >>
> >> Could anyone point me to a link or give a brief anser?
> >>
> >> Thank you very much in advance.
> >>
> >> Best Regards,
> >>
> >> Cuneyt Uysal
> >> ______________________________________________ See RedDot 
> Solutions' 
> >> Enterprise Content Management
> >> Suite in action every Tuesday at 1:00 pm ET.
> >> http://www.reddot.com/contact/demoindex.htm
> >>
> >>
> >>
> >>
> >> 
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> >> To unsubscribe, e-mail: tomcat-user-unsubscribe@jakarta.apache.org
> >> For additional commands, e-mail: 
> tomcat-user-help@jakarta.apache.org
> >>
> >>
> >> ______________________________________________________________
> >> __________
> >> This e-mail has been scanned for all viruses by Star Internet. The
> >> service is powered by MessageLabs. For more information on 
> a proactive
> >> anti-virus service working around the clock, around the 
> globe, visit:
> >> http://www.star.net.uk
> >> ______________________________________________________________
> >> __________
> >>
> >> ______________________________________________________________
> >> __________
> >> This e-mail has been scanned for all viruses by Star Internet. The
> >> service is powered by MessageLabs. For more information on 
> a proactive
> >> anti-virus service working around the clock, around the 
> globe, visit:
> >> http://www.star.net.uk
> >> ______________________________________________________________
> >> __________
> >>
> >> 
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> >> To unsubscribe, e-mail: tomcat-user-unsubscribe@jakarta.apache.org
> >> For additional commands, e-mail: 
> tomcat-user-help@jakarta.apache.org
> >>
> >>
> > ______________________________________________ See RedDot 
> Solutions' 
> > Enterprise Content Management
> > Suite in action every Tuesday at 1:00 pm ET.
> > http://www.reddot.com/contact/demoindex.htm
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > 
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> > To unsubscribe, e-mail: tomcat-user-unsubscribe@jakarta.apache.org
> > For additional commands, e-mail: tomcat-user-help@jakarta.apache.org
> >
> >
> 
> 
> 
> -- 
> Using M2, Opera's revolutionary e-mail client: 
> http://www.opera.com/m2/
> 
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> To unsubscribe, e-mail: tomcat-user-unsubscribe@jakarta.apache.org
> For additional commands, e-mail: tomcat-user-help@jakarta.apache.org
> 
>
 
______________________________________________ 
See RedDot Solutions' Enterprise Content Management
Suite in action every Tuesday at 1:00 pm ET.
http://www.reddot.com/contact/demoindex.htm

 


---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: tomcat-user-unsubscribe@jakarta.apache.org
For additional commands, e-mail: tomcat-user-help@jakarta.apache.org


Mime
View raw message