tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "J. Joe Wang" <joe.w...@neo.tamu.edu>
Subject A problem with configuring tomcat with apache.
Date Mon, 28 Jul 2003 15:32:13 GMT
Dear all,

I am trying to configure tomcat 4.0.4 with apache 1.3.26 on redhat 7.2.
The installation of apache is a normal one. i.e. ./configure, make, make
install. The installation of tomcat 4.0.4 is also a normal one. And I
followed the install.txt come with webapp_module.
i.e.
(1)copy mod_webapp.so <apache directory>/libexec/.,
(2)modified apache httpd.conf with LoadModule webapp_module
libexec/mod_webapp.so and AddModule mod_webapp.c,
(3)add
<IfModule mod_webapp.c>
    WebAppConnection warpConn warp localhost:8008
    WebAppDeploy examples warpConn /examples
    WebAppInfo /webapp-info
</IfModule>
to the end of httpd.conf.

But when I tried to start the apache, it gave out a warn and couldn't be
started.
Here is the message.
[warn] module mod_webapp.c is already added, skippingSyntax error on
line 1037 of /usr/local/apache/conf/httpd.conf:

Both of the WebAppDeploy examples warpConn /examples and WebAppInfo
/webapp-info can give out this warn message. If I removed them, then the
apache can be started.

So can anybody help me out with this problem. I guess it is due to some
mis-configuration, but I really have no idea what is wrong.

Any information will be highly appreciated!

Thanks,
Joe