tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Gil Hauer <g...@technolog.ca>
Subject Forwarding with parameters
Date Thu, 24 Jul 2003 11:44:25 GMT
Hello,

I have code in a servlet that, based on transaction status, forwards to
another target page. The code snippet is:

        String target = "/index.jsp";
        ServletContext c = getServletContext();
        RequestDispatcher d = c.getRequestDispatcher(target);
        response.setContentType("text/html");
        d.forward(request, response);

How can I set new parameters for the target page? Is it as simple as
setting
	String target = "/index.jsp?param=val";

I ask this since it doesn't seem to work -- that parameter does not seem
to get set.

Also, at this point I'm in an https session and I'd like to transfer to
unencrypted protocol -- how can I do that?

Thanks in advance,
Gil