tomcat-users mailing list archives

From scol...@westpole.com
Subject IIS and the isapi_redirect.dll
Date Wed, 23 Jul 2003 19:51:27 GMT
Sorry if this was posted twice, my email client was not behaving.

Well, here's a topic that has been hashed and rehashed before on this list... unfortunately
after countless hours of reading the archives and googling around, I haven't found an answer
as to why IIS won't play nice with Tomcat. Here's the skinny:

W2k sp3 (5.00.2195)
IIS 5
Tomcat 4.1.24
j2sdk 1.4.2 installed
isapi_redirect.dll 1.2.4

I have checked the registery settings as well as had coworkers check them multiple times.
I have also followed up on the possibility of the corrupted DLL by downloading different versions
of the connector on to different servers on my network to no avail. Multiple restarts have
also ensued. The error that is being logged in Component Services is your basic "The data
is the error" and the data section of the error window reads:
0000: 02 00 00 00               ....

If anyone has any other possibilities, or has fixed this problem before, any help would be
greatly appriciated. For those that are interested, the details on the enviornment are below.
Thanks in advance!

-s

####
Tomcat install:
C:\Tomcat4
        \isapi\isapi_redirect.dll
        \conf\uriworkermap.properties
              workers.properties
        \logs

Registery:
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Apache Group\Jakarta Isapi Redirector\1.0]
"extension_uri"="/jakarta/isapi_redirect.dll"
"worker_file"="c:\Tomcat4\conf\workers.properties"
"worker_mount_file"="c:\Tomcat4\conf\uriworkermap.properties"
"log_file"="c:\Tomcat4\logs\jk_iis.log"
"log_level"="debug"
@="c:\Tomcat4\isapi\isapi_redirect.dll"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\W3SVC\Parameters]
..
"Filter DLLs"="C:\Tomcat4\isapi\isapi_redirect.dll"
..

IIS:
site root=C:\Inetpub\wwwroot
vdir jakarta=C:\Tomcat4\isapi with read and execute set

Permissions:
All .properties files, the isapi_redirect.dll, and the folders that house them have modify,
read & execute, read, write enabled for the everyone group.