tomcat-users mailing list archives

From scol...@westpole.com
Subject IIS and isapi_redirect.dll
Date Wed, 23 Jul 2003 18:52:46 GMT
Wow, here's a topic that has been hashed and rehashed... unfortunately after countless hours
of list archives and googling around, I haven't found an answer to why I can't get IIS to
play nice with tomcat. Here's the skinny:

W2k server SP3 (5.00.2195)
IIS 5
Tomcat 4.1.24
j2sdk 1.4.2 installed

Tomcat runs fine as a standalone server on 8080. IIS runs fine as a standalone server on 80.
Following the ever-referenced how-to's "to the letter," I have successfully gotten IIS to
not relay jsp's to tomcat with isapi_redirect.dll.

After checking the registery (and having coworkers check it too), it appears fine per the
instructions. I've also followed up on the corrupted dll problem by using various computers
to download various versions of the connector to no avail. Additionally, the system was rebooted.

The error in Component Services is the typical "The data is the error" and in the data box,
I have
0000: 02 00 00 00    ....

References for file and reg structure are below. Any help would be greatly appriciated!

-s

###
Tomcat dir layout:
C:\Tomcat4 contains \isapi\isapi_redirect.dll \logs and \conf
\conf\ contains uriworkermap.properties and workers.properties

Reg layout:
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Apache Group\Jakarta Isapi Redirector\1.0]
(Default)=c:\Tomcat4\isapi\isapi_redirect.dll
extension_uri=/jakarta/isapi_redirect.dll
log_file=c:\Tomcat4\logs\jk_iis.log
log_level=debug
worker_file=c:\Tomcat4\conf\workers.properties
worker_mount_file=c:\Tomcat4\conf\uriworkermap.properties

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\W3SVC\Parameters]
..
Filter DLLs=C:\Tomcat4\isapi\isapi_redirect.dll
..

IIS layout:
site root= C:\Inetpub\wwwroot
vdir /jakarta = C:\Tomcat4\isapi and has read and execute set.

Permissions:
The connector, workers.properties, and uriworkermap.properties have modify, read & execute,
read, and write set for the everyone group.