tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Michael Kessler <michael.kess...@team.bluewin.com>
Subject Deploying a webapp with ant
Date Wed, 23 Jul 2003 14:39:46 GMT
Hi

I try to deploy my webapp with ant to our server. I searched within the
tomcat mailarchive and of course also google, but I found no working
solution...

My war file 'member.war' has a normal webapp structure, and I added
context.xml to the META-INF folder with the content:

<context path="/member" docBase="member"/>

within the ant script i run:

<tomcatDeploy url="http://a.b.c.d:8080/manager/" path="/member"
username="xxx" password="xxx" war="file:{to_war}/member.war"/>

In the log file I found:

Manager: deploy: Deploying web application at '/member'
Manager: Uploading WAR file to
/usr/jakarta-tomcat-4.1.18/work/Standalone/localhost/manager/member.war
Manager: Extracting XML file to
/usr/jakarta-tomcat-4.1.18/work/Standalone/localhost/manager/member.xml
StandardHost[localhost]: Installing web application from URL
jar:file:/usr/jakarta-tomcat-4.1.18/work/Standalone/localhost/manager/member.war!/

the file member.xml has the same content as the META-INF/context.xml

... but there is no context entry in server.xml nor has the webapp been
unpacked or moved to the webapps directory!!

my host entry from the server.xml:

<Host
className="org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost"
appBase="webapps"
autoDeploy="true"
configClass="org.apache.catalina.startup.ContextConfig"
contextClass="org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext"
debug="0"
deployXML="true"
errorReportValveClass="org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve"
liveDeploy="true"
mapperClass="org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostMapper"
name="localhost"
unpackWARs="true">

Any help is very welcome... thanx

Michael