tomcat-users mailing list archives

From <je...@email.unc.edu>
Subject Tomcat configuration error when displaying default page
Date Fri, 18 Jul 2003 01:48:51 GMT
Hi,

I've just installed Tomcat 4.X, RH 9, JDK 1.4.2, Apache 2.X
and with some help from the list have gotten the tomcat process running.
I've set up the server.xml file, tomcat4.conf and web.xml based on online
documentation. When I test by pointing my browser to
http://localhost:8080 I get a blue ands white page with the text:

HTTP Status 500 - No Context configured to process this request

type Status report

message No Context configured to process this request

description The server encountered an internal error (No Context
configured to process this request) that prevented it from fulfilling
this request.
Apache Tomcat/4.1

My tomcat logfile has the entry:

[root@regweb2 logs]# more localhost_log.2003-07-17.txt
2003-07-17 21:39:12 StandardHost[localhost]: MAPPING configuration error
for request URI /

Can anyone guess what is wrong with my configuration?
I've attached the config files I've edited but the changes
have been minimal.

Thanks very much for the help .....

Jeff