tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Reginald Oake <rego...@assistants.ca>
Subject Re: tomcat startup
Date Mon, 14 Jul 2003 16:51:53 GMT
Hi.

>>From the look of the error message it appears that your CATALINA_HOME
environment variable is not set. It should be a global environment
variable (under windows) or if you are using some flavour of unix set it
in /etc/profile.

Also, it appears that you do not have a TCP/IP stack available. I have
encountered this before in Windows where, if you do not have a network
connection (ethernet or through a modem) Windows does not create a
TCP/IP stack. I am not sure how you would proceed in this case but the
availability of a TCP/IP stack is a necessity.

Thanx,

Reg