tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Robert S. Jones" <rjo...@salientsystems.com>
Subject Tomcat/Jasper JSTL expression problem
Date Thu, 10 Jul 2003 13:36:17 GMT
Folks,

I'm working on a simple JSP page that opens some files and displays the
results.  I've pretty much got it working, but I've come across two
problems.  The first is that Jasper reported that the end attribute of
forEach could not accept an expression.  I thought it could?  That's the
impression I've gotten from various different resources.  Anyway, I
modified the rtexprvalue tag in the c.tld file in standard.jar and that
worked.  So, then I was trying to make some URLs and I needed to use the
JSTL out action.  When I tried to set the value attribute with an
expression I got a similar error.  Anyway, I fixed that the same way.
So, my question is, am I experiencing the correct behavior?  Why is this
so?

I am using Tomcat 5.0.2 (for JSP 2.0) and J2SDK1.4.2 on RedHat Linux
8.0.

BTW:  I do plan on reading the JSP 2.0 spec.

Thanks,
Robert Jones