tomcat-users mailing list archives

Subject Filter and servlet mapping problem
Date Mon, 28 Jul 2003 12:18:53 GMT
I have written a filter for my webapp where i catch the response and Rewrite all URLs with
a timestamp for bypassing some proxies that ignore The settings i set on my webserver (e.g.
no-cache, no-store,...). The Filter works fine, but i haveto modify the requests when the
reache my webserver. I am able to do this, but this only works if i the servlets i access
are mapped in the web.xml of tomcat in the conf directory. The servlets that are mapped within
the web.xmnl in the current context are not found.

For explaining my problem a little more here an example:

I have a URL like /myjsp.jsp

I rewrite ist with /myjsp_<timstamp_in_millis>.jsp (<timstamp_in_millis> is the
current timestamp) I filter this to /myjsp.jsp if the user requests the rewritten URL For
.jsps that are mapped in the conf/web.xml file (by the default jsp servlet) anything works
But i have some more servlet and some special jsp mappings that are mapped within the context
and here i recieve an 404 although the servlet pathe and the URI are set correctly.

Any advice is welcome

Burkard Endres