tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Agarwal, Naresh" <nagar...@informatica.com>
Subject How to create user-accounts in Tomcat (when used as a Web Server)
Date Tue, 01 Jul 2003 10:32:36 GMT
Hi

I'm using Tomcat as a Web Server. I want Tomcat to use the Basic HTTP autentication. For this,
I have added the following to the web.xml

----------------
    <login-config>
      <auth-method>BASIC</auth-method>
      <realm-name>Tomcat</realm-name>
    </login-config>

    <security-constraint>
      <web-resource-collection>
         <web-resource-name>collection1</web-resource-name>
         <url-pattern>/servlets/*</url-pattern>
         <url-pattern>/jsp/*</url-pattern>
         <url-pattern>/images/*</url-pattern>
        <url-pattern>/servlet/*</url-pattern>
         <http-method>GET</http-method>
         <http-method>POST</http-method>
      </web-resource-collection>

      <auth-constraint>
         <role-name>tomcat</role-name>
         <role-name>role1</role-name>
      </auth-constraint>
    </security-constraint>

But how would I create user accounts (user name and pass words) in Tomcat, which would be
used by HTTP clients?

thanks & regards,
Naresh Agarwal