tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Scott Stewart <SStew...@csky.com>
Subject RE: [Q] server.xml vs context.xml ?
Date Tue, 29 Jul 2003 14:41:19 GMT
Hi Riann,

I have successfully implemented a globally available DataSource within my
server.xml.  What follows are the relevant excerpts from my server.xml file
that enabled me to do this.  FYI - I am using Tomcat 4.1.24.

    The global DataSource definition
    --------------------------------

        <!-- Global JNDI resources -->
        <GlobalNamingResources>

            <!-- Editable user database that can also be used by JNDI
DatabaseRealm to authenticate users -->
            <Resource name="jdbc/MySQLConnectPool"
                      auth="Container"
                      type="javax.sql.DataSource" />

            <ResourceParams name="jdbc/MySQLConnectPool" >

                <parameter>
                    <name>username</name>
                    <value>????????</value>
                </parameter>

                <parameter>
                    <name>password</name>
                    <value>????????</value>
                </parameter>

                <parameter>
                    <name>driverClassName</name>
                    <value>com.mysql.jdbc.Driver</value>
                </parameter>

                <parameter>
                    <name>url</name>
                    <value>jdbc:mysql://<your IP here>:3306/<your DB name
here>?autoReconnect=true</value>
                </parameter>

                <parameter>
                    <name>removeAbandoned</name>
                    <value>true</value>
                </parameter>

                <parameter>
                    <name>removeAbandonedTimeout</name>
                    <value>60</value>
                </parameter>

                <parameter>
                    <name>logAbandoned</name>
                    <value>true</value>
                </parameter>

                <parameter>
                    <name>maxActive</name>
                    <value>200</value>
                </parameter>

                <parameter>
                    <name>maxIdle</name>
                    <value>30000</value>
                </parameter>

                <parameter>
                    <name>maxWait</name>
                    <value>100</value>
                </parameter>

            </ResourceParams>

        </GlobalNamingResources>

    Realm definition using global DataSource

        <Realm
            className="org.apache.catalina.realm.DataSourceRealm"
            dataSourceName="jdbc/MySQLConnectPool"
            userTable="customers"
            userNameCol="customer_username"
            userCredCol="customer_password"
            userRoleTable="roles"
            roleNameCol="role"
            debug="0"
        />

    Context reference to global DataSource

        <ResourceLink name="jdbc/MySQLConnectPool"
                      global="jdbc/MySQLConnectPool"
                      type="javax.sql.DataSource" />

Hope this helps!!

Thanks,