tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Mike Curwen" <gb_...@gb-im.com>
Subject RE: JDBCRealm - Session not timing out
Date Thu, 10 Jul 2003 17:40:24 GMT

My assumption was that the container is sufficiently intelligent enough
to recognize that the credentials as sent are from an expired session
(ie: this particular container *does* relate sessions to
authentications).  But as you say, if there is no built-in way to get a
browser to re-prompt for new Basic AUTH credentials if it already has a
set for that domain, then we're SOL, and we're better off going with
FORM if you want to tie authentication with sessions (which seems
natural for some applications).