tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Mark Biciunas" <mark.biciu...@agorex.com>
Subject images not appearing
Date Tue, 08 Jul 2003 19:09:23 GMT
I am deploying a test servlet on Tomcat 4.1.24.  Everything works great, the
servlet executes, I get results back at my browser, but none of the images
show up.

In conf/server.xml, I have added the following:

    <Context path="" docbase="helloworld" debug="99">
                      prefix="localhost_helloworld_log." suffix=".txt"
                      timestamp="true"/>
    </Context>

In webapps/hello/WEB-INF/web.xml, I have the following:

    <web-app>
        <servlet>
            <servlet-name>helloworld</servlet-name>
            <servlet-class>helloworld.Hello</servlet-class>
        </servlet>

        <servlet-mapping>
            <servlet-name>helloworld</servlet-name>
            <url-pattern>/</url-pattern>
        </servlet-mapping>

    </web-app>

The image directory has been created in webapps/hello, and the requested
image does exist.  As part of trying to resolve this, have placed copies of
the image directory up and down the directory tree and tried calling the
image in the servlet in a number of ways (ie: /images/image.gif,
../images/image.gif, images/image.gif).  Nothing seems to work to get the
image to display!!!

Any and all ideas would be greatly appreciated at this point!!!

Mark
mark.biciunas@agorex.com