tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Günter Kukies <guenter.kuk...@heuft.com>
Subject cookies
Date Wed, 09 Jul 2003 09:54:39 GMT
Hi,

i use a machine1 with tomcat as a portal to do userauthentification and there is an other
machine2 without tomcat that is providing a service with its own userauthentification. Machine2
uses POST to receive user and password and stores the session in cookies at the client. Machine
1 and 2 can handle the same users with the same passwords. I want to use only one login at
machine1 and pass the login data to machine2. I have a servlet on machine1 that passes the
data via POST to Machine2. Its an URL-Connection. I cant use a redirect while machine 2 only
accepts POST. Do you see a method to pass the cookie back from machine 2 via machine 1 to
the client . Or is it possible to hold the cookies from machine 2 on machine 1, so that machine1
simulates the clients for machine2.

Thanks for any help

Günter