tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Mike Curwen" <gb_...@gb-im.com>
Subject RE: [Fatal Error] :2:5118: Content is not allowed in trailing section.
Date Tue, 29 Jul 2003 20:31:38 GMT
I can't say exactly what the problem is, but it is caused by malformed
XML. So either you do indeed have some bad XML somewhere, or SAX
*thinks* you do.

Between 4.0 and 4.1 releases of Tomcat, I think they tightened up the
DTD checking. And for sure they've changed XML parsers.

Does your app do any XML parsing?  Check the bottom of this page:
http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-4.1-doc/class-loader-howto.html

-----Original Message-----
From: Venkatesh K. Kesavan [mailto:venkatesh@chain-sys.com]
Sent: Tuesday, July 29, 2003 3:12 PM
To: tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: [Fatal Error] :2:5118: Content is not allowed in trailing
section.

Hi,
  I have been using tomcat 4.0 till date and recently I upgraded to
4.1.24. My application is working in 4.1.24 but tomcat server screen
shows the error "[Fatal Error] :2:5118: Content is not allowed in
trailing section."  whenever I open any jsp.(error repeated till the jsp
is completely displayed in the browser). I don't get this error in
tomcat 4.0. Why is this error due to? How do I correct it? Thanks in
advance for your help.

Thank you,
Venkatesh K. Kesavan

 <http://www.chain-sys.com>