tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Nathan Ward" <nrw...@cox.net>
Subject Re: Logfile for isapi_redirector2.dll?
Date Fri, 25 Jul 2003 13:30:06 GMT
I don't mean to complain. I'm sure there are good reasons as you have
mentioned why I haven't gotten more replies. I was trying to emphasize that
I did appreciate the response in this case even though Ken didn't have much
new info to offer.

That said, I also asked what I thought were pretty simple questions about jk
(isapi_redirector) like: Can I control what Tomcat webapps two virtual hosts
(IIS web sites) can access? If not, how can I allow one IIS web site to
access one webapp and another IIS web site access another but not both? Am I
really the first one to have to do this or the first one that participates
here? I guess so.

That's OK though. It took me four days to figure out a solution, but I did
learn a lot. I created a new valve that allows me to allow/deny access by
server name (i.e. request.getServerName). Very similar to the
RemoteHostValve.

So, the answer that was basically that the ISAPI filter maps from IIS to
Tomcat -- no other control provided by the filter. If you need more access
control, use filters. I'm thinking that I'll submit my valve to be added to
the Tomcat baseline. I suppose that the lack of response to my questions
suggests that no one here knew that or at least no one that read my messages
knew that. Maybe my subject lines didn't catch the right person's eye. I'm
not bothered by it, but I am curious why I didn't get more replies.

   Nathan