tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Jose Euclides da Silva Junior - DATAPREVRJ <Jose.Eucli...@rj.previdenciasocial.gov.br>
Subject Cookie problem max age problem - Best practice to solve it
Date Wed, 30 Jul 2003 21:38:24 GMT
Hi guys,
this question is very important to me. My application works with an external
authentication app ( like a plugin).When the user is logged, a browser
cookie is created. The problem stays whenever the user asks for a logout
process and the external app tries to "kill" its cookie (created before by
the app), probably setting cookie's max age to 0, i guess. But TomCat doesnt
know that this cookie is already killed, because it just fetch the name and
value.  So, i would like any tips about best practice on solving this kind
of problem.
Thanks in advance, Euclides.