tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Rhino" <rhi...@sympatico.ca>
Subject Recycling Tomcat
Date Sun, 20 Jul 2003 03:51:51 GMT
Hi!

We are running Tomcat 4.1.24 on a Mandrake 9.1 Linux box.

Occasionally we need to recycle Tomcat and the only way the administrator has found which
works is to delete the lock file for Tomcat and then start Tomcat. I have to believe that
there is a more elegant way to do it.

I would also love to be able to recycle Tomcat remotely. I am remote from the server but have
access to it from SSH, which gives me a secure command line to the server.

Can anyone help with suggestions for either problem?

Rhino
---
rhino1 AT sympatico DOT ca
"If you want the best seat in the house, you'll have to move the cat."