tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Nathan Ward" <nrw...@cox.net>
Subject How to map different webapps to two IIS web sites
Date Mon, 21 Jul 2003 02:58:25 GMT
Hello,
How can I allow one web site managed by IIS to access one webapp on Tomcat and have another
web site managed by IIS on the same server (i.e. same instance of IIS) access a different
webapp on the same Tomcat instance?

I have two webapps running on the same Tomcat server at a client's site. The customer wants
both on the Internet accessed via two different web sites defined in IIS. One of the web sites
needs to be secure using SSL with a CA certificate and users have to login to it. The other
is for public access without a login or secure connections. The customer would like to configure
the IIS web site with the certificate and SSL rather than configuring Tomcat as such. They
want only the server that is running IIS to be directly on the Internet and they want Tomcat
to run on a separate server so that Tomcat doesn't slow down the machine running IIS.

As far as I can tell, the IIS plugin for Tomcat (isapi_redirector.dll) is configured via Windows
registry settings that allow only one workers.properties file and one uriworkermap.properties
per physical server. So, I wonder if this is actually possible. On the other hand, surely
I'm not the first to need to configure it like this. I can easily add both uri's to the uriworkermap.properties
file, but I believe this makes both uri's accessible to both IIS web sites.

   Nathan