tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Sarika Inamdar " <sinam...@cisco.com>
Subject Help with Tomcat 4.1.24
Date Thu, 31 Jul 2003 10:30:59 GMT
Hi All,

We have migrated to tomcat 4.1.24 from tomcat 3.2.23. Thanks to the
tomcat-user list, we were able to deploy the tomcat successfully :-)

We have one issue however !!!

The tomcat 4.1.24, requires that we place all the jars which is used by
the jsp's under TOMCAT_HOME/webapps/WEB-INF/lib directory.

In our deployment, we use lot of 3rd party software like AdventSNMP jar,
tibco jar and our own application jar.

These jars are already present under our "tools" directory. But with
4.1.24 migration, we have to place all these jars under WEB-INF/lib.
This will destroy our directory structure in case we want to mv all of
them.

To avoid this, we created soft links for the required jars under
/WEB-INF/lib.

The problem is tomcat server is able to DEPLOY some of the jars, and is
cribbing for some jars.

For Example, for AdventNetSNMP jar, tomcat throws the following error :

2003-07-31 16:07:25 ContextConfig[] Exception processing JAR at resource
path /WE
B-INF/lib/AdventNetSnmp.jar
javax.servlet.ServletException: Exception processing JAR at resource
path /WEB-IN
F/lib/AdventNetSnmp.jar
        at
org.apache.catalina.startup.ContextConfig.tldScanJar(ContextConfig.jav
a:930)
        at
org.apache.catalina.startup.ContextConfig.tldScan(ContextConfig.java:8
68)
        at
org.apache.catalina.startup.ContextConfig.start(ContextConfig.java:647
)
        at
org.apache.catalina.startup.ContextConfig.lifecycleEvent(ContextConfig
.java:243)
        at
org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleSupport.fireLifecycleEvent(Lifecycle
Support.java:166)

Is it possible that some jars get deployed and some don't ?
Please lend me your inputs and suggesstions.

Thanks in Advance,
Sarika