tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Mike Curwen" <gb_...@gb-im.com>
Subject RE: [Fileupload](java newbie):cannot resolve symbol
Date Mon, 28 Jul 2003 18:53:20 GMT
Compiling a servlet is different than having it run under Tomcat.

You needed to compile your servlet, so either send in the path to the
jar file with a javac parameter (-cp) or put it on your system
classpath, or any one of a number of different options.  That's
compiling, and it's just like any other java class.

Once it's compiled, putting it in the appropriate Tomcat directory is
sufficient, and you're right; Tomcat ignores Classpath