tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Mark Miller" <m...@web-wide.net>
Subject SSL and URL rewriting problem
Date Tue, 08 Jul 2003 19:27:21 GMT
I am working on a web application for which one form must be submitted
via HTTPS (while the rest of the application uses HTTP).  When that one
form is submitted (and URL rewriting is used for session tracking), the
URL is not encoded, and the session does not survive.

I have done much googling, and there are several postings that this has
been fixed as of Tomcat 4.0 (we are on 4.1.18).  Can someone clear this
up for me?  If it cannot be done this way, is there some way to switch
protocols and still track sessions?

Thanks,
Mark Miller