tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Mike Curwen" <gb_...@gb-im.com>
Subject RE: Session\Security Checking
Date Mon, 28 Jul 2003 16:32:47 GMT
I think using a realm and simply setting up /downloaddir/* as a
'protected resource' is the way to go.  The functionality you're looking
for has already been implemented by Container-Managed Auth.

Also.. if you use a container AUTH scheme, then you don't need the
Session ID in the URL.  The mere presence of a session will prove that
your user is "logged in and authenticated".