tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Nathan Ward" <nrw...@cox.net>
Subject Controlling access to webapps from ajp13 connector
Date Wed, 23 Jul 2003 13:34:00 GMT
How can I configure Tomcat to filter requests received via the ajp13 connector on port 8009
based on whether the HTTP Request was received on a secure connection or not?

I see the following in the souce code for tomcat4.CoyoteConnector class in the jakarta-tomcat-connector
project:

    /**
     * Return the port number to which a request should be redirected if
     * it comes in on a non-SSL port and is subject to a security constraint
     * with a transport guarantee that requires SSL.
     */
    public int getRedirectPort() {

        return (this.redirectPort);

    }

That is the kind of thing I believe I need to use. However, I don't yet see any documentation
on what other settings are related to this and how to use them. I guess I have to continue
reading the source code.

   Nathan