tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Wade Chandler" <WadeChand...@Yadtel.net>
Subject Virtual Host: Host Name seems to have to be www or nothing at all. Please help.
Date Mon, 21 Jul 2003 02:27:36 GMT
Hello,

     I'm using tomcat 5.0.  I seem to be having a problem with virtual hosts.  I am running
one virtual host called www.cltractor.com and that seems to be running fine.  I also setup
a virtual host called axonware.redirectme.net.  I was going to use this free domain name with
forwarding and masking....well you get the point.  But, axonware.redirectme.net only hits
my main localhost.  It's almost as if Tomcat can't figure out that it is a host name or a
host (virtual host).  If I setup a virtual host called www.redirectme.net and to test it go
to my hosts file and add the line 192.168.1.10  www.redirectme.net then this will work fine
and dandy, but again if I'm using axonware.redirectme.net it will not.  Host file reads 192.168.1.10
axonware.redirectme.net and I have a Virtual Host setup in Tomcat 5.0 named the same. I am
using only Tomcat 5.0.  I am not using Apache Httpd.

Thank you for your time,

Wade Chandler
wadechandler@yadtel.net