tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Rick" <>
Subject Re: JK2 Servlet Configuration Problem
Date Thu, 17 Jul 2003 05:33:49 GMT
I have the same problem of "tomcat serving up my /images/* folder instead of Apache".
I have two mappings as well, for /*.jsp and /servlet/*. I spent hours trying to figure out
why Tomcat was serving up my directories!

Please keep me posted if you find a solution.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Joe Krause" <>
To: <>
Sent: Wednesday, July 16, 2003 2:06 PM
Subject: JK2 Servlet Configuration Problem

I'm running Tomcat 4.1.24 with Apache 2.0.46 using JK2 2.0.2 on a Red Hat 9
system (kernel 2.4.20). I followed the last HOWTO on the JK docs page
and everything works great. Except it only specifies how to have *.jsp files
sent to tomcat. None of my servlets work because JK2 is setup to only send
requests ending in *.jsp to Tomcat. Here's what I have in

My servlets all start at /action. If I change the uri path to /action/* then
I loose JPSs. If I change it to * then it works, however, then tomcat is
serving up my /images/* folder instead of Apache. I can't move all the JSPs
under the /action directory. Is there any way to specify more than one uri
per virtual host?

The documentation for JK is really bad. Someone should re-write it.

Joe Krause

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message