tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Nathan Ward" <nrw...@cox.net>
Subject Re: IIS and the isapi_redirect.dll
Date Thu, 24 Jul 2003 12:17:09 GMT
What does your jk_iis.log file and also your IIS log file (in
c:\winnt\system32\LogFiles\W3SVC1 directory) show? I'll include a copy of
mine at the end of this message. The jk_iis.log file should show that it
accesses the registry and reads the workers.properties and
uriworkermap.properties files, and also show the urls patterns that it found
in uriworkermap.properties. IIS log should indicate that IIS got a 200
response code from the isapi_redirect.dll. You can also set the debug level
on the connector listening on 8009 in server.xml to 5 to get info that will
show that the connector is running. That has never helped me very much
though.

I found that the book "Professional Apache Tomcat" had the best description
of configuring IIS/Tomcat including very good troubleshooting tips.

Have you tried configuring IIS on another machine to talk to Tomcat? You can
leave Tomcat on one machine and IIS on another by just changing the
worker.host field in workers.properties to be the ip of the machine running
Tomcat.

   Nathan

----- Original Message -----
From: <scolson@westpole.com>
To: <tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Wednesday, July 23, 2003 3:51 PM
Subject: IIS and the isapi_redirect.dll

> Sorry if this was posted twice, my email client was not behaving.
>
> Well, here's a topic that has been hashed and rehashed before on this
list... unfortunately after countless hours of reading the archives and
googling around, I haven't found an answer as to why IIS won't play nice
with Tomcat. Here's the skinny:

> W2k sp3 (5.00.2195)
> IIS 5
> Tomcat 4.1.24
> j2sdk 1.4.2 installed
> isapi_redirect.dll 1.2.4
>
> I have checked the registery settings as well as had coworkers check them
multiple times. I have also followed up on the possibility of the corrupted
DLL by downloading different versions of the connector on to different
servers on my network to no avail. Multiple restarts have also ensued. The
error that is being logged in Component Services is your basic "The data is
the error" and the data section of the error window reads:
> 0000: 02 00 00 00               ....
>
> If anyone has any other possibilities, or has fixed this problem before,
any help would be greatly appriciated. For those that are interested, the
details on the enviornment are below. Thanks in advance!

> -s
>

> ####
> Tomcat install:
> C:\Tomcat4
>         \isapi\isapi_redirect.dll
>         \conf\uriworkermap.properties
>               workers.properties
>         \logs
>
> Registery:
> [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Apache Group\Jakarta Isapi Redirector\1.0]
> "extension_uri"="/jakarta/isapi_redirect.dll"
> "worker_file"="c:\Tomcat4\conf\workers.properties"
> "worker_mount_file"="c:\Tomcat4\conf\uriworkermap.properties"
> "log_file"="c:\Tomcat4\logs\jk_iis.log"
> "log_level"="debug"
> @="c:\Tomcat4\isapi\isapi_redirect.dll"
>
> [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\W3SVC\Parameters]
> ..
> "Filter DLLs"="C:\Tomcat4\isapi\isapi_redirect.dll"
> ..
>
> IIS:
> site root=C:\Inetpub\wwwroot
> vdir jakarta=C:\Tomcat4\isapi with read and execute set
>
> Permissions:
> All .properties files, the isapi_redirect.dll, and the folders that house
them have modify, read & execute, read, write enabled for the everyone
group.