tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Adrian Beech <a.be...@bigpond.net.au>
Subject Resolving scriptlets when using a client side <SCRIPT ...> tag?
Date Sun, 06 Jul 2003 00:18:37 GMT
G'day folks,

Is it possible to get Tomcat to process a include file and resolve embedded
scriptlets if the file is referenced from a client side <SCRIPT ...> tag?
In the two .js files I'm trying to work with there are several scriptlets
that need to be resolved by Tomcat prior to sending the content along to the
browser.

I can use <%@ include file=... %> server side which works just dandy,
however the resulting content is easily visible to the user if they happen
to view the source of the currently displayed page.  My preference is to use
<SCRIPT TYPE="text/javascript" LANGUAGE="JavaScript"
SRC="Includes/InboundContact_Form.js"></SCRIPT> client side so that the code
is not part of the displayable source on the client's browser.

The problem I've run into is that when using a <SCRIPT ...> tag the
scriptlets are not resolved by Tomcat and what I end up with is something
like 'var orgName = "<%= orgReference.getOrganisationName() %>";' instead of
'var orgName = "Brisbane City Council";' on the client's side.

Can anyone please help?

AB