tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Mark F" <mfa...@knology.net>
Subject Re: Bugs, Issues, Tasks, Patches, CVS integration - which is the best tool
Date Tue, 29 Jul 2003 11:58:59 GMT
Depends on if you are using a commercial SCM tool.

Bitkeeper has a nice tracking tool called BK/BugManager.  PVCS Professional
has one too.  Can't remember what it is called.  We are looking at SCM
software right now but have not yet decided on anything.  I'm sure most
other commercial SCM software will offer some sort of bug tracking.

http://www.bitkeeper.com
http://www.merant.com

-Mark

----- Original Message -----
From: Donie Kelly
To: Tomcat Users List (E-mail)
Sent: Tuesday, July 29, 2003 6:42 AM
Subject: Bugs, Issues, Tasks, Patches, CVS integration - which is the best
tool

Hi all

We've been working on a project for a while and tracking details like in the
subject above are proving to be cumbersome. Is there any single tool that's
easy to install and use on a webserver (hopefully) that will manage all this
stuff for us.

Ideally, we would like to log a bug or issue and have it fixed in the
source. We might then go to this tool and check the files in so that the
tool tracks the source code changes that are made for the issue (or task or
bug etc..)

Any such tool?

Regards
Donie