tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Darren Marvin" <...@it-innovation.soton.ac.uk>
Subject mod-jk and SSL certificates
Date Thu, 17 Jul 2003 17:11:19 GMT
Hi all,

I have installed Apache and Tomcat together in various configurations - using modwebapp initially
but now under mod-jk2. I can't get mod-jk to work because when I use it I get permission 403
errors from all the web application contexts and the following message appears twice in the
error_log :

'(2)No such file or directory: Error while opening the workers, jk will not work'

If anyone can throw light on this I would appreciate it, I would investigate mod-jk further.
This leads me on to the true reason for trying different configurations - I want to get the
SSL client certificate from a servlet request object. I know that modwebapp does not support
this so I have been trying to do it using mod-jk2.

I understand I need a call like:

X509Certificate jsseCerts[] = (X509Certificate [])
          request.getAttribute("javax.servlet.request.X509Certificate");

but this just returns null. Interestingly the following call

request.isSecure()

returns 'true'

and

request.getScheme()

returns 'https'

Can anyone help? Is there a good howto or tutorial out there? Is it actually possible?

Thanks in advance.

Darren.