tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Feltesse Julien" <j.felte...@externet.tm.fr>
Subject RE : RE : Get rid of socket write error
Date Thu, 24 Jul 2003 15:24:23 GMT
Hi again John, thanks for helping me :)

I'm sorry about having said things a bit bluntly about the users'
behaviour, now I get better what you mean. It's just that after having
heard all the stories from the admins of the company which we are
working for, it just seems impossible.

> So who cares how big the files get?  Is this exception really that big

of a deal?
You've got it. This isn't a big problem at all. The service runs fine
and even if users click a thousand times on the same link, it still
works. Actually, the project comes closer to an end right now, so we're
finalizing some points here and there. This logging issue is just
another entry in the  "things to improve" list.
Big logs are not a problem, it's just that when we want to check
something, having 50 lines of stack trace every 10 lines of "useful"
activity traces makes the reading & understanding a bit more difficult.

> Hmmmm...so you need a way to trap exceptions thrown by Tomcat outside
of
an application Context?
Yeah... I should have entitled that post "Catching Tomcat's Inner
Exceptions" ;)

I searched around a bit, talked with other developers who know Tomcat
much better than I do, and no one seems to having found a solution.
After all everything works fine besides, so everyone just doesn't care
maybe.
I think I should do the same ^^

The only "solution" that came to my mind was to try to modifiy Tomcat
sources. But the problem isn't big enough to justify such a thing.

Anyway, thanks for your help !! :)