tomcat-users mailing list archives

From John Turner <tomcat-u...@johnturner.com>
Subject Re: Host Setup - (The Default Tomcat Page is Stalking Me)
Date Wed, 18 Jun 2003 13:49:56 GMT

First, let me say that this is the first time, ever, in my checkered I.T.
past, that I have encountered someone else who uses "booga".  I'm cracking
up over here.  I actually use "ooga booga", but still, its fun to see.

What you're experiencing is most likely due to the fact that both of your
Hosts (localhost and mydomain.com) are using the same appBase.  You've got
two separate Hosts using the same appBase, but in one the path of "" = ROOT
and in the other "" = "booga".  Maybe it should work, but in the interestes
of getting you going, I would suggest either moving mydomain.com's appBase
to some other location, or removing the Host definition for mydomain.com
entirely and simply aliasing mydomain.com to localhost like this:

<Host name="localhost" blah blah blah >
<Alias>mydomain.com</Alias>
<Context blah blah blah>
</Host>