tomcat-users mailing list archives

From John Turner <tomcat-u...@johnturner.com>
Subject Re: possibly off topic: workers2.properties question
Date Tue, 17 Jun 2003 18:42:13 GMT

Or do like struts and stick an extension on there.  Struts uses *.do.  Here
are the JkMounts for an app running on 4.1.12 on Solaris, using struts:

    JkMount /myApp/*.do  ajp13
    JkMount /myApp/*.jsp  ajp13

At that point, AFAIK, Tomcat will use the URL mapping in web.xml to
determine which actual servlet to execute.  So, if you have something like
this in your URL:

http://some.host.com/myApp/ShoppingCart.do?some_queryString

then the JkMount would send it to Tomcat, and in your web.xml you'd have
something like:

<servlet>
  <servlet-name>ShoppingCartServlet</servlet-name>
  <servlet-class>com.your.package.ShoppingCart</servlet-class>
</servlet>
<servlet-mapping>
  <servlet-name>ShoppingCartServlet</servlet-name>
  <url-pattern>/myApp/ShoppingCart.do</url-pattern>
</servlet-mapping>

Or am I not understanding the goal?

John