tomcat-users mailing list archives

From John Turner <tomcat-u...@johnturner.com>
Subject Re: How to generate the mod_jk.conf with Tomcat 4.1.24 or 4.0.6
Date Tue, 17 Jun 2003 18:31:12 GMT

Actually, I suggest using the latest version of Tomcat, 4.1.24.  My Solaris
HOWTO uses 4.1.12 because that was what was current when I wrote the HOWTO,
and access to a non-production Solaris box at this time would require lots
of work, and I am lazy.

To generate mod_jk.conf, you need Listener elements in server.xml.  This is
described explicitly in the HOWTO, search for "Listener".  You'll need one
ApacheConfig Listener for the Server in server.xml, and one ApacheConfig
Listener for each and every Host in server.xml.  That said, you don't need
to auto-generate mod_jk.conf...its just a convenience for some people.  You
can easily create what you need manually, see an example here:

http://www.johnturner.com/howto/mod_jk_conf.html

John