tomcat-users mailing list archives

From John Turner <tomcat-u...@johnturner.com>
Subject Re: Question regarding "tomcat-apache.conf" file.
Date Mon, 16 Jun 2003 12:49:16 GMT

Hi -

Tomcat doesn't write out the file unless you modify server.xml to include
Listener elements, one for each Server you have defined, and one for each
Host you have defined.

More info in my HOWTOs: http://www.johnturner.com/howto (search for
Listener), and there is an example of the generated file here (at the time
I used 4.0.4): http://www.johnturner.com/howto/mod_jk_conf.html

Also, the file is not called tomcat-apache.conf, but mod_jk.conf.

That said, there's no requirement that you generate it automatically.  You
can manually create the file, no problem, but you should know that the file
in CATALINA_HOME/conf/auto will be overwritten any time Tomcat is started,
so if you make manual edits, you will want to move the file to some other
location (I like APACHE_HOME/conf/mod_jk.conf) to protect your changes.

John