tomcat-users mailing list archives

From John Turner <tomcat-u...@johnturner.com>
Subject Re: Running Tomcat3 on port 80
Date Fri, 13 Jun 2003 18:36:13 GMT

The only user with permission to bind to port 80 is "root".  So either
define the user as "root" or manually start Tomcat using the startup
scripts while logged in as root.  My guess is that you have an RPM install,
which means that manually starting the scripts will probably cause you more
grief, being new, than it will help.

John