tomcat-users mailing list archives

From John Turner <tomcat-u...@johnturner.com>
Subject Re: [OFF-TOPIC] Re: Pushing Apache/Tomcat to prod env
Date Fri, 13 Jun 2003 20:04:49 GMT

No, not really.  I learned by getting burned.  I'm sure some sort of "Red
Hat Unleashed" book or similar would have this information, as well as the
Linux HOWTO.

If the box is in a remote location, and the NIC config is screwed up, there
are only three options: 1) a remote tech fixes it, 2) they ship it back to
you, you fix it and ship it back, and 3) you go to the box and fix it.

There is online help for ifconfig: man ifconfig (obviously)

Or, as already suggested, you can put the config information into
/etc/sysconfig/network/scripts/ifcfg-INTERFACE_NAME.  So, for example, on a
Compaq Proliant, /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth0:

DEVICE=eth0
BOOTPROTO=static
BROADCAST=XXX.XXX.XXX.255
IPADDR=XXX.XXX.XXX.24