tomcat-users mailing list archives

From John Turner <tomcat-u...@johnturner.com>
Subject Re: Virtual domains with Tomcat
Date Mon, 23 Jun 2003 12:45:37 GMT

It is trivial in Tomcat as well.

For each Apache ServerName, you will need a corresponding Host entry in
Tomcat's server.xml.  Make sure each virtual host in Tomcat's server.xml
has its own appBase.

For the VirtualHost you posted:

<Host name="dookoo.totalflood.com" appBase="/var/jakarta/totalflood">
   <Context path="" docBase="ROOT" />
</Host>

...or something very similar.  Put your JSPs in
/var/jakarta/totalflood/ROOT.  Make sure there is a directory called
/var/jakarta/totalflood/ROOT/WEB-INF.  Delete your Directory entry that
allows all, and instead add a Directory entry that restricts WEB-INF and
META-INF.  This is all covered in the docs for Host and for Context.  An
example of what configuration for Apache looks like, for a virtual host
named "localhost", is here:

http://www.johnturner.com/howto/mod_jk_conf.html

John