tomcat-users mailing list archives

From John Turner <tomcat-u...@johnturner.com>
Subject Re: Starting Tomcat without logging in as root?
Date Mon, 02 Jun 2003 12:51:44 GMT

True, but it doesn't help much if everyone has a Tomcat configured to
listen on port 80.

If I have 10 students, and they each need their own Tomcat instance, using
ports less than 1024 doesn't make much sense, as there are other network
services in that port space.  So using > 1024 doesn't need su.

John