tomcat-users mailing list archives

From John Turner <tomcat-u...@johnturner.com>
Subject Re: Thanks to John and Geralyn
Date Mon, 02 Jun 2003 12:41:50 GMT
On Sun, 1 Jun 2003 14:56:19 +0800, joe <joe.lee@sgweb.com.sg> wrote:

> Hi john and geralyn, thanks for the warmly and prompt reply. I think now
> at
> least i know what is going on.However, i'm still unsure of the following
> things:
>
> 1) Based on John wonderful's Howto, i think you are using both mod_jk.so
> and
> mod_jk-2.0.43.so. I was wondering is it a typo or this should be the way.
> Kind of confused here when i saw version appearing on it.

It is not a typo...there are many versions of mod_jk.so floating around.
They are Apache-version sensitive...that is, a version of mod_jk.so for
Apache 1.3 will not work for Apache 2.0.  Putting the Apache version number
in the file name is just housekeeping.  When you get it onto your system,
you can call it whatever you want.

John